Fortus 3D production systems are used by the world’s leading names in manufacturing to create functional prototypes, tooling and production parts.
Additive Manufacturing is changing how products are made. Tooling, such as jigs & fixtures, can be created faster and cheaper on a Fortus. Furthermore, design considerations are removed when traditional methods are switched for 3D print. Even end-use parts are often created on a Fortus – when only short runs are required, it is more cost-effective to print.
The Fortus from Stratasys is the pinnacle of performance. Users are able to select from a wide range of genuine thermoplastics, including ABS, Nylon, PC and even Ultem. So tough are the end products, that they are daily being used in the air and even being blasted into space.
Fortus 380mc and Fortus 450mc
- Fortus 380mc: 355 x 305 x 305 mm
- Fortus 450mc: 406 x 355 x 406 mm
- 129.5 x 90.2 x 198.4 cm /with crate: 680 kg, without crate: 601 kg
Fortus 900 mc
- 914 x 610 x 914 mm
- 2772 x 1683 x 2027 mm /with crate: 3287 kg, without crate: 2869 kg
Key Applications for the Fortus Range:
- Large-scale functional prototypes, printed in genuine thermoplastics for testing in extreme conditions.
- The creation of jigs & fixtures which are used on production floors for creating products out of metal, plastic or composites.
- Production parts, when low volumes are required or when personalisation is a possibility.
- The leading manufacturers worldwide are changing the way they do things. They are embracing the time, cost and performance benefits of additive manufacturing. To follow this path, they choose Fortus. Would you like to join them?
“I see Stratasys FDM Technology as the future of manufacturing.
We are using FDM Technology to accomplish things we never could before.”
Matt Hlavin, President, Thogus Products
- ABS-M30 in six colors for great tensile, impact and flexural strength
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ASA for UV stability and the best aesthetics
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PC for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
- The New Nylon 12CF: Lightweight Strength, Carbon-Fibre Reinforced
- High-performance thermoplastics (not available for Fortus 380mc)
- ULTEM 1010 for the highest heat resistance, chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties
Sacrificial tooling material (not available for Fortus 380mc)
- ST-130 for sacrificial mandrels that withstand the heat and pressure of composite lay-up and dissolve easily from hollow part interiors
EMCO is a major distributor for Industrial and Educational CNC Machines,
3D Printers and Scanners.