Tough Precision Model Material
For MakerBot Method
What’s in the Box:
- 1 Spool of Tough Precision Model Material
Available in Colours:
- Slate Grey
- Stone White
- Safety Orange
- Onyx Black
- Tough Precision Model Material: Extensively-tested for the highest reliability and measurably accurate parts.
- Smart Spool™ provides valuable information including material type, color, and amount remaining via an RFID chip directly to MakerBot Print, while a desiccant in the spool maintains a low moisture level inside the drawer bay.
- Glass Transition Temperature: 60-65°C (140-149°F)
- Melting Temperature: 150-160°C (302-320°F)
- Extruder Temperature: 210°C (419°F)
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Spool Diameter: 21.8 cm (8.6 in)
- Spool Width: 4.2 cm (1.65 in)
- Material Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 kg (2.4 lb)
- Net Weight: 0.75 kg (1.65 lb)
- Store MakerBot Method Tough Precision Material in the included a vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to avoid moisture absorption from air; long-term exposure to humidity can compromise material quality and performance. Make sure the built-in desiccant is in the spool to absorb any moisture exposure during the material loading process.
End Use Parts
- MakerBot Tough filament was developed not only for its strength and part performance but also to overcome two of the most glaring issues that hamper ABS: warping and curling.
- At 2X the impact strength of ABS, MakerBot® Tough™ filament offers superior durability for industrial prototyping and manufacturing aid applications. With tensile and flexural strength that match ABS, designers and engineers can create parts that hold up under all types of stress.